Phox Charge is on the hunt for an outgoing social media intern for the Spring of 2016 to help manage and grow our social media presence. This a unique opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience and contribute directly to the growth/success of our young company.
Phox Charge is a two-year old company that deploys and maintains secure cell phone charging lockers in all of the most popular bars and restaurants in the Austin, Dallas and Houston areas. In 2016, we’ll be expanding our service offering to include on-screen advertising and mobile messaging campaigns, as well as continuing to provide rentals and on-premise installations.
We’re seeking an extroverted self-starter that is capable of tackling a variety of tasks related to social media, digital content creation and in some cases, event management. *This is not your coffee-runner type of internship, although both of our founders love coffee…so while not a primary task, won’t be off limits.
We are a young, small company with a startup feel.You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with the founders in a non-traditional environment. You’ll have the unique chance to get your hands dirty, create valuable work/content you’ll be able to add to your portfolio, gain diverse experiences…all while making valuable connections in the Austin startup/service industry scene.
- Work closely with the founder on implementing various social media strategies
- Social Media Management (Previous knowledge of scheduling/publishing tools such as Hootsuite/Buffer/Latergramme, a plus)
- Marketing Campaign Coordination
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
- Adobe Creative Suite (a MUST)
- Blog Content Creation
- Experience with WordPress (a plus)
- Preferably majoring in a relevant communications field, such as Marketing, Advertising, Journalism or Public Relations
- Looking for a self-starter that has the ability to work remotely. We use a variety of task management and time tracking app’s to help keep our team organized.
- Sales or previous retail experience (a plus)
- Available for 12-15 hours per week to work in our office/remotely or on-premise (hours will not be your typical 9-5)
- MUST be in town/available during March 11th-20th (sxsw)
*Important: Due to the nature of our business, there are times that our work requires us to work in local bars and establishments that serve alcohol. Because of this we must require that interns be 21+ at the time they begin our internship.
*Please Note this is not a paid opportunity, but school credit can be given.
Do you fit all the requirements? Think you’d make the perfect addition to our team this spring? Please fill out the application below. We will be setting up in-person interviews the first week of January. Internship will begin January 11th and end May 9th. Good Luck!